Friday, July 31, 2015

The Look for Less

Whenever I am home, my mother has tons of design magazines. Ballard's Designs in particular is one that always makes me want to claim bankruptcy! A few months back they showed beautiful glass jugs with fairy lights in them on the "apron" of a fireplace (it's that little stoop in the front fyi). It was so adorable and I already had the lights, all I needed were the jugs… that cost $100?? You can see them here if you are curious. Now I get it, these are sold as hand blown glass and that makes them really expensive…no, you're right I don't get it at all. So I was on the hunt to find the perfect replacement.



I actually like mine better AND it's a real wine jug. Carlo Rossi, some of the cheapest wine on the planet. Most people use it for cooking because it tastes horrid, I use it for decoration. I work at an upscale Italian restaurant and when I saw these in the kitchen (they use it to cook with, of course), I asked them to save me one. 

*Tip to remove the label: Put the jug in the sink and let hot water run over the side of the jug where the label is. Remove from the water after about a minute and use rubbing alcohol on a paper towel to rub the label off. Repeat from beginning if necessary.*

It has created an adorable little corner in my apartment and I hope it will inspire you to create one of your own! And of course, I hope this helps your life stay simple and easy.

Best,

Michelle


Other mentionables:

Apothecary bottle from Target
Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin

0 comments:

Post a Comment