Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Cocktail Party

I had the idea to host a party specifically to re-wear a dress that I bought in France and only wore to one wedding. The idea stemmed from the realization that every girl must own a dress that they spent too much money on and only wore once. I sent out the Facebook invites under the title "That Dress You Never Get to Wear" - everyone has to dress up (boys too) and it was a BYOC (bring your own champagne) event.



Lucky me, I live in a building with a rooftop deck. I think people were intimidated by the way we were all dressed so if anyone came up that wasn't invited, they didn't stay long, which was nice.

I ended up spending a grand total of $125 for the everything. Here is a little run down:

3 small raspberry packs
2 small blackberry packs
1 pound of five english cheddars
1 pound of parmigiana
2 pepperoni sticks
1 sausage stick
5 peaches
1 cantaloupe
1 giant pack of napkins
1 liter of sparkling rosé
1 liter of sweet champagne
1 1.5 liter of brut champagne
4 6-packs of plastic champagne glasses (holla family dolla)
1 box of 32 toast cracker things

One thing I knew I wanted to do was have a drink fixings bar. I puréed half a cantaloupe and put it into a fancy, glass, water bottle. I sliced peaches and skewed berries to pour champagne over in a glass. Any left overs were free for finger foods. The berries looked absolutely adorable. My boyfriend and I were special and we drank out of the only two champagne glasses that I had so that is what is depicted below.


I used a large photo frame as tray which I filled with photographs that I took in France. The tray held a pretty candle and the plastic goblets. Some people felt welcome to add their own bottles to the table as the night went on.


My wonderful friend, Hannah, took mini polaroids all night. And here is the coffee table of snackage. I figured people know how to cut they're own meat and cheese, so I provided a knife instead of doing it all myself which saved me a ton of time (someone of course broke my favorite knife later that evening, but he promised to replace it and I suppose it makes for a good story haha).


Over all, it was an incredible evening and I can't wait to host another "soirée" in the future. 

I would like to take this time to thank my incredible boyfriend for running to my apartment constantly to let people use the bathroom and get silly things like a spoon without hesitation or any complaints at all. He is an amazing human and I really am the luckiest gal. Here is a candid taken by my once again, ever-so-lovely friend, Hannah.


I hope this post helps with your party planning or gives you some good ideas! As always, stay simple and easy - and maybe just a little fancy this time.

Best,

Michelle


Hannah's Website
Glass Water Bottle
Marble Wine Cooler
White Lace Candle Holder

1 comments:

  1. Omg perfect photos! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete