Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Becoming a Morning Person

Becoming a morning person is not easy. I used to be such a night owl and thought that mornings were evil sun-filled sleep deprivers, but my outlook has changed. I realized that being a morning person means getting so much more done! You have so many more hours of day light! And maybe, you get all of your blogging done at 3am, but I have a naturally lazy side - I like using natural light in my blog photos to avoid setting up lights and that is only achieved in day light. Believe me there are ways to change yourself and in my opinion, becoming a morning person has to start with the space you are in.

For starters, my bed is the absolute coziest and it is really so hard to leave it. Start by setting your alarm to a really good-feel song… across the room. For some, getting up to shut off your alarm is the only way to get out of bed.

Now the next thing you have to change is your attitude. I know you're cranky, I usually am too but try to think of all of the things you can get done with this extra time! Positivity is a really good key… also, prepping the night before. If you have a list of things to do the next morning i.e.:

  • Fix coffee/breakfast
  • Take blog photos
  • Finish blog post 
  • Do some yoga
  • Read a chapter of book or a couple poems
  • Water plants
  • Clean bathroom
etc etc., the list can go on and on even if they are little things! Prepping the night before definitely goes further than your list though. Have your coffee ready to be made! It makes moving around easier when there is less to do. Most importantly though, make your living space just as inviting as your bed. I set up a little area so that I can do three vinyasa to start my day breathing and getting my blood pumping - I automatically feel more awake. Then I light a candle, drink my coffee and read a poem or two.


You can put a blanket down, some pillows, and your yoga mat, and this will help you feel like mornings can be comfortable and easy. I also like to make my desk inviting so that when I'm done reading, I can move over easily to my desk and pay bills or blog or whatever. My desk will have more candles and the rest of my coffee waiting.


Aroma therapy is a great way to wake up as well. Breathing deeply and inhaling relaxing scents will help you stay relaxed, avoid a stressful morning, and of course make sitting/working at 8am more enjoyable. Keep in mind that being a "morning person" does not mean you have to start cutting out sleep. The earlier you start waking up, the more you will get tired in the evening, so now you have to choose which you prefer! Do you want to be a morning person? And the answer can certainly be no! Maybe this can help you getting up at 1 in the afternoon too!

Whatever you choose, I hope this helps your life stay simple and easy!

Best,

Michelle

Book: Robert Browning's Poems

0 comments:

Post a Comment