Friday, August 21, 2015

The Look for Less

First of all, I would like to apologize for taking so much time off but I have been very busy "behind the scenes", getting ready for a very big reveal that is taking FOREVER. No worries though, it shall be ready within the next couple of weeks so stay tuned! I have also been working on a big photo project that has consumed much of my time. But enough excuses, here is the latest addition to the apartment.

I made this beautiful and one of a kind, wall weave. I actually have no idea what to call this, but all the kids are making them these days. The most important thing is that I had a lot of fun making it and it only took me about 5 episodes of Grace and Frankie to make it!


The supplies consisted of drift wood that I found and two types of yarn (you can use more if you like). Always buy more than you anticipate using. I bought two cream and one grey yarn. If you would want yours bigger than mine, definitely buy three bundles of whatever your base color is - I only have a small bundle left. Here is what it looks like in the space.


I personally wanted mine to be a loose weave. I have seen others that are super tight but I wanted mine to look kind of old and raggedy. I just did a simple criss cross pattern and threw in grey at random. I do apologize for not including a how-to but I can try to explain: I took every other strand and separated them so that it doubled in length. I then laid one strand across all of them. Then I just criss crossed each opposing strand (I'm sorry, this probably makes no sense!). Here are some close ups.


The knots were super easy... they're just knots! 


I hope this doesn't frustrate you and I hope it helps your life stay simple and easy - as always!

Best,

Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment